The BVRLA is urging the Chancellor to use his Autumn Budget statement to energise the take up of plug-in electric vehicles and to support the vital role played by the company car.
The BVRLA Budget submission recommendations ask the Chancellor to:
- Freeze Company Car Tax at 2018/19 rates
- Eliminate unintentional tax increases arising from the transition to WLTP
- Bring forward the 2% Company Car Tax threshold for Zero Emission Vehicles to 2019/20
- Publish 4 to 5-year view of future Company Car Tax Bands
- Address other CO₂ based motoring related taxes