The BVRLA is the trade body for the vehicle rental and leasing sector. The BVRLA collects personal data about individuals working for or on behalf of its members.
The data collected includes names, email addresses, telephone numbers and correspondence address.
On the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of ensuring the BVRLA member and its employees, as part of the membership subscription you are provided with industry information, advice, guidance, events and training.
The data will only be shared with third parties for the purposes of processing orders, when a training course or event is booked or where an individual working for or on behalf of a member is a nominated contact for our research providers.
The data will be used for the purposes of sharing press releases, processing a complaint, processing orders, booking training courses or events, keeping an employee updated on industry news, survey completion, training and events.
The data will be stored until we are advised that the individual is no longer working for or on behalf of a member or if the individual advises us that they no longer wish to be contacted by us. All communications from the BVRLA contains an unsubscribe option.
The data is stored within the EU in an encrypted form as part of Dynamics365 which is a cloud-based Microsoft product.
If an individual is not happy with how we have processed their data, a complaint should be sent to email@example.com.
The BVRLA is committed to conducting its business activities with honesty and integrity and to maintain its high standards. Any suspected wrongdoing should be reported as soon as possible. In most cases any suspected wrongdoing can be reported directly to any BVRLA Employee or directly to the BVRLA’s Legal and Membership Director at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, any suspected wrongdoing can be reported anonymously to a confidential helpline, the contact details are 020 3117 2520 or email@example.com. Disclosures will be treated confidentially and the BVRLA will make every effort to keep identities (where these are provided) secret and only reveal it where necessary to those involved in investigating disclosures. A copy of the BVRLA’s Whistleblowing policy is available on request.
Should you have any queries or concerns about the use of your personal data, please contact our communications team by writing to the address above, calling 01494 434747 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Information you give us
2. Depending on the reason that you have contacted us or we have contacted you we will hold the following information about you:
Information you give to us – This is information about you that you give us when you wish to make use of our services by filling in forms on our website, www.bvrla.co.uk, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
It includes information you provide when you register to use our site; subscribe to receive information from us; and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you provide when you register a complaint about a member of BVRLA.
In addition, if you are acting in a business capacity, it may include information you provide if you apply for membership or continuation of membership of BVRLA.
3. When you visit the BVRLA website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the BVRLA website and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
“Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
“Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
“Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
6. Registration on the website is only available to BVRLA members. If you have registered on our website we will collect personal data including: email address, telephone number, first name, last name and company name to complete the registration process. As part of the registration process we will add you to the BVRLA membership database. The data is stored within the EU in an encrypted form as part of Dynamics365 which is a cloud-based Microsoft product.
7. You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Please email email@example.com if you would like to know what if any personal information we hold about you.
8. This information is processed on the basis that it is in your legitimate interest as you have requested registration on the website.
9. We will retain your personal data until we are advised that you no longer wish to be registered on our website.
10. Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
to notify you about changes to our service;
where relevant, to provide customer support and assistance services;
to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
11. We will send members and their employee's industry news, information on training and events by email. These emails can be unsubscribed from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email or contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. The data is processed on the basis of consent (where you have provided this) or that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of the BVRLA member and its employees for us to provide industry information, advice, events and training.
13. The data will be stored until we are advised that the employee has left the member or the employee advises us that they no longer wish to receive information from us. Complaint data will be stored for a maximum of one year from the date of complaint.
14. The data is stored within the EU in an encrypted form as part of Dynamics365 which is a cloud-based Microsoft product.
15. Incoming and outbound calls are recorded.
When a call is recorded, we collect:
- a recording of the conversation.
- your telephone number.
16. Occasionally ‘special category’ personal information may be recorded where an individual voluntarily discloses health, religious, ethnicity or criminal information to support their request for advice and/or services.
Call recordings will be used:
- to assist in quality monitoring of staff.
- to investigate and resolve a complaint.
17. We may be required or permitted, under Data Protection legislation, to disclose your personal data without your explicit consent, for example if we have a legal obligation to do so, such as for:
- law enforcement
- fraud investigations
- regulation and licensing
- criminal prosecutions
- court proceedings
18. Recordings are kept securely and confidentially, they will be kept for no longer than 24 hours unless required to be retained for an investigation, legal reasons or a potential safeguarding concern.
19. Where necessary or where we receive your explicit consent or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
If we exchange email with you our email system is provided by Microsoft Corporation on behalf of BVRLA.
If you register to attend a BVRLA event, your details are processed by Eventbrite Ltd in the United Kingdom on behalf of BVRLA.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 users have clicked on their advertisement on any given day);
21. Unfortunately, the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
22. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
24. The ICO is the government body responsible for enforcing Applicable Data Protection legislation in the UK. Their website is located at www.ico.gov.uk.
25. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below: BVRLA, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, HP7 0DD, United Kingdom