Further Guidance and Annual Reports

If you are unable to invoke our conciliation service, the following organisations may be able to assist you further :

European Car Rental Conciliation Service - An alternative dispute resolution provider for car rental complaints where the rental is cross border.

UK European Consumer Centre

The UK ECC provides free information on consumer rights in Europe and assists in cross-border disputes.

Citizens Advice Bureau

Trading Standards

Financial Ombudsman Service

The Financial Ombudsman Service is the official independent expert in settling complaints between consumers and businesses providing financial services, including many types of lending and insurance. Established by parliament, its services are free to consumers.

Annual complaint report

The BVRLA published an annual complaint report of key statistics from the complaints it looks at.