The Technical and Operational Management Committee has been operating for a number of years with the objective of steering the content of the TOM forum.
TOM Forum membership costs £240 per member, which allows two delegates to attend each of the three forums events throughout the year, further details can be accessed from the quick links on the right. One of the main areas of work currently being undertaken by the committee is a project to develop a vehicle recall database which will allow members to be notified electronically of vehicles which are subject to recall notification. Other areas include: manufacturers support terms, impact of changes to the motor vehicle block exemption regulation and developments in telematics and the impact on SMR budgets.
Committee objectives are:
- To stimulate discussion and debate on general issues of vehicle, service and repair, as well as vehicle and contract administration.
- To improve communications between vehicle manufacturers, suppliers, service providers and BVRLA members.
- To promote practices and administration improvements to provide added protection for member's companies under their ‘duty of care’ responsibilities.
- To discuss and review impending legislation to protect BVRLA members' interests and promote constructive legislation of benefit to the supply chain.
- Working to protect and improve the sector's competitiveness, organising benchmarking exercises, as necessary, to identify and spread best practice in the sector.
|Contact||Company Name (Contact) (Contact)||Role||Start Date|
|Dave Tanner||Lex Autolease Ltd||Chairman||16/02/2018|
|Kit Wisdom||Tusker||Vice Chairman||08/06/2017|
|Darren Adams||Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions||Member||02/11/2017|
|Gary Bishop||SG Fleet Solutions UK Ltd||Member||21/11/2019|
|Martin Brown||Marshall Leasing Ltd||Member||01/01/2016|
|Clive Buhagiar||Alphabet (GB) Ltd||Member||06/11/2018|
|Neil Dixon||LeasePlan UK Ltd||Member||01/01/2016|
|Anthony Dowdall||Zenith (Solihull)||Member||29/05/2019|
|Nina Field||Arval UK Ltd||Member||14/01/2020|
|Mark Hammond||TC Harrison 1960 Limited||Member||01/01/2016|
|Cliff Irvine||Hertz UK Ltd||Member||01/01/2016|
|Phil Turle||ALD Automotive||Member|