The Transport Select Committee is scrutinising the development and deployment of self-driving vehicles for use on the roads (also known as connected and autonomous vehicles).
The Committee is particularly interested in evidence that addresses:
- likely uses, including private cars, public transport and commercial vehicles;
- progress of research and trials in the UK and abroad;
- potential implications for infrastructure, both physical and digital;
- the regulatory framework, including legal status and approval and authorisation processes;
- safety and perceptions of safety, including the relationship with other road users such as pedestrians, cyclists and conventionally driven vehicles;
- the role of Government and other responsible bodies, such as National Highways and local authorities; and potential effects on patterns of car ownership, vehicle taxation and decarbonisation in the car market.
If you have a view on any of these points, let the BVRLA know at [email protected].