The Department for Transport has launched a consultation inviting ideas from the public to help reduce transport emissions and inform a decarbonisation plan to meet the net zero target by 2050.
The DfT has published an open consultation and call for ideas on its “plan to decarbonise transport.”
As part of this consultation process the Transport Secretary Grant Shapps has launched the first meeting of the Net Zero Transport Board, which is has been established to guide the decarbonisation of UK transport. The board draws on industry expert stakeholders to support and guide the government’s transport decarbonisation plans.
The BVRLA has submitted evidence and is engaging with the DfT’s Transport Decarbonisation Team.
- Acceleration of modal shift to public and active transport
- Decarbonising how we get our goods
- UK as a hub for green transport technology and innovation
- Decarbonisation of road vehicles
- Place-based solutions
- Reducing carbon in a global economy