The BVRLA has developed a series of bespoke counter-terrorism awareness training tools for those operating in the daily rental of cars and vans, to help mitigate the threat of a terrorist attack where vehicles are used as weapons.
Available to both members and non-members, the training resources have been designed for self-delivery, enabling firms to deliver their own training using the tools provided. It will be useful for anybody working in rental.
Several resources have been developed including:
- A slide deck (Powerpoint presentation)
- Facilitator notes: to enable in-house delivery by local branch management
- Recorded version of content: takes 45-50 minutes to deliver
- Self-assessment security checklist
- 32-page report Vehicles as weapons: a threat and policy assessment for the UK vehicle rental sector (research document for background reading)
Anybody working in the rental sector is invited to download the resources, free of charge, by simply entering your details via this link.