Our second webinar in the exciting new Fleets in Charge series focused on what the year ahead will bring for the supply of electric vehicles.
By 2030 the sale of new petrol and diesel vehicles will be banned. Yet, last year, only around 1 in 10 new car sales had some level of zero emission running capability and could be plugged in. Although this represents a dramatic increase on previous years, there is clearly still a long way to go before 2030. What are manufacturers planning to help us reach the 2030 target? What should be the Government’s blueprint for getting us there? What are the supply challenges fleets are facing as they look to increase their own EV representation?
During this hour-long webinar, we heard from Julian Hetherington from the Advanced Propulsion Centre exploring the impact of government policy on EV supply, Chris Jackson explained how Centrica are able to fulfil their pledge to be fully electric by 2025, Peter McDonald discussed the EV strategy at Nissan. This was followed an expert panel discussion with Konstanze Scharring from SMMT, Gary Harrison from Rivus Fleet Solutions and Christoph Domke from FTI Consulting.
The next webinar in the series, 'Charging the EV revolution' will take place on 23rd June 2021.
- 03.48 – 20.53 - Julian Hetherington, Director, Automotive Transformation, Advanced Propulsion Centre UK explores the impact of government policy on EV supply.
- 21.14 – 27.25 - Chris Jackson, Head of Fleet Partnerships, Centrica Business Solutions explains how they are able to fulfil their pledge to be fully electric by 2025.
- 27.45 – 33.15 - Peter McDonald, Fleet Director, Nissan discusses their EV strategy.
- 33.18 – 44.35 - Q&A with Chris Jackson, Head of Fleet Partnerships, Centrica Business Solutions and Peter McDonald, Fleet Director, Nissan where they both answer questions from the audience.
- 44.44 – 59.12-panel discussion with Konstanze Scharring, Director of Policy and Government Affairs, Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT), Gary Harrison, Head Of Engineering, Rivus Fleet Solutions, and Christoph Domke, Senior Director and Clean and Smart Mobility Lead , FTI Consulting where they all take questions from the audience.