Vehicle on Hire (VE103B) Certificates FAQ

All you need to know about vehicle on hire (VE103) certificates! The VE103 certificate must be carried in all rented or leased vehicles when travelling abroad if the vehicle registration document is not available. It is the only legal alternative to the vehicle registration document – letters of authority and photocopies of the V5C (log-book) are not valid substitutes. Rented or leased vehicles include those on short or long term hire: This includes not only daily rental but contract hire, finance lease, contract purchase, employee car ownership schemes - every vehicle that is on a hire or rental agreement.

You must log in to proceed.

Please log in or register for an account here.