The number of fines issued relating to road traffic and other offences have grown dramatically over the last 10 years. As a direct result, BVRLA members increasingly have to spend more time in dealing with offences. This instructor-led online course has been designed to teach and support members in dealing with road traffic offences/penalty charge notices, appealing against decisions by enforcement authorities, making statutory declarations and helping members support their staff on the subject.
This course is based on the BVRLA’s Guide to Road Traffic Offences.
- Who are the BVRLA?
- The Fine Process – Local Authority Roads
- Decriminalised & Criminalised Parking Contraventions
- Parking on Private Land
- Dartford Crossing/Mersey Flow
- The Penalty Charge Notice – Issue to Settlement
- Private Parking in NI & Scotland
- London Congestion Charge Scheme & The Fine Process
- Bus Lanes (Greater & Outside Greater London) – The Fine Process
- Moving Traffic Contraventions – The Fine Process (non-endorsable moving traffic contraventions)
- Paying & Recharging
- How to Represent
- Multiple Representations
- Appeals Process
- Dealing with Customer PCN Complaints
- The Fine Process – Fines from abroad
- Customer Agreements
- The escalation process
- Filling out a statutory declaration
- Q & A
Based on a blended delivery model, this highly interactive course is full of exercises, case studies and demonstrations, all delivered by an industry experts. A certificate of attendance will be issued to learners on completion of the course but please note that this is not a train the trainer course so learners will not be accredited to deliver training in-house.
At the end of the course, attendees will :
- Have a full understanding of all the different types of penalty regimes
- Appreciate when you can and cannot transfer liability
- Develop a knowledge of what to do when things go wrong
- Understand how to handle customer complaints regarding penalties/offences
Director of Fleet Services, BVRLA
Amanda joined the BVRLA in July 2002.
Compliance & Governance Officer, BVRLA
Hayleigh joined the BVRLA in April 2018
3 hours - 9.30am until 12.30pm
Please use the drop down menu on the right hand side of this page to see the dates that are currently available.
All courses are now held via an interactive online tool. Details of which will be sent when booking has been confirmed.
£250 + VAT Member Fee
£350 +VAT Non-Member Fee
Requests for cancellation of a training course booking must be received in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of the Learning and Development Professional. Requests for cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the course start date incur an administrative charge for the processing of the refund at the rate of 25% of the course fee. Requests for cancellation received more 15-30 days prior to the course start date incur an administrative charge for the processing of the refund at the rate of 50% of the course fee. There is no refund on cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the course start date as there is an impact on other delegates who have booked to attend and could result in the course being cancelled overall.
Postponement of attendance from one course to a later course can be requested in writing as per the cancellations policy above to training @bvrla.co.uk. Requests to postpone more than 30 days prior to the course start date will incur an administration charge of £35 + VAT. Requests to postpone more 15-30 days prior to the course will incur an administration charge of £70 + VAT. Requests to postpone 14 days or less prior to the course will be treated as a cancellation, with no refund payable.
You can request the substitution of a delegate for another in writing as per the cancellations policy above to email@example.com. There is no charge for this. Requests for substitution must be made no later than one business day prior to the scheduled course start date.