The BVRLA’s Fair Wear & Tear Standard for Commercial Vehicles over 3.5t is widely accepted as the benchmark across the sector. Assessing the condition of a Commercial Vehicle at the end of a lease is fundamental to BVRLA members' business proposition. This fully interactive instructor led online course is designed to teach anyone in the industry about the importance of understanding our guide, by practical application of the BVRLA's FW&T Standards and our Code of Conduct.
Suitable for staff at all levels including Fleet Operators, Fleet Managers, Service Managers, Customer Service, Administrators, Drivers, Account Managers, Sales Managers or any other role within the industry who regularly discusses the condition of vehicles with Fleet Managers, either before, during or on termination of a vehicle rental or leasing contract. Also, of interest to those that Lease or Rent vehicles themselves.
This course is based on the BVRLA Fair Wear and Tear Guide for Commercial Vehicles over 3.5t
A certificate of attendance will be issued to learners on completion of the course but please note that this is not a train the trainer course, so learners will not be accredited to deliver training in-house.
You will gain a full understanding of the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear Standard for Commercial Vehicles over 3.5t and cover:
- General Appearance
- Road Safety
- Maintenance, servicing & repairs
- End of lease documentation
- Engine Transmission & drive line
- Keys & batteries
- Direct vision & sensors
- Tyres & Wheels
- ADAS & Cab Camera
During the other sessions on the day, you also cover:
- The BVRLA Code of Conduct / BVRLA dispute resolution service
- HGV Zones in detail (Blue, yellow & magenta)
- Windscreens & glass
- Advice for customers during the term of the Commercial Vehicle lease
- How to explain the difference between Fair Wear & Tear & damage
- Case Study: Vehicle Inspection Complaint
- Vehicle types within the category
- Practical Vehicle Inspection – with adaptions to facilitate the hands-on vehicle inspection section of the training using real vehicles via interactive methods to deliver an affective learning experience.
Based on a blended delivery model, this highly interactive course is full of exercises, case studies and demonstrations, all delivered by an industry expert.
At the end of this course attendees will:
- Understand what fleet managers have a right to expect when a Commercial Vehicle is returned to a BVRLA member after a lease or rental
- Develop an understanding of the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear Standards for Commercial Vehicles over 3.5t
- Have the confidence to professionally communicate with drivers and fleet managers on return standards
- Be able to undertake an internal and external inspection of a vehicle using the guidelines, using a standardised approach
- Be able to identify and select the potential repair methods available
This course has been allocated 6 CPD points.
Kev Briggs comes from a background in advertising and marketing, with qualifications in graphics and design technology. He joined Manheim Inspection Services in 2008 during this time working alongside the IT team to develop their tablet inspection system. After several years as a successful vehicle Inspector, Kev was promoted to Operations Manager for the North East and Scotland.
1 day course - from 9.30am - 2.45pm
Please use the drop down menu on the right hand side of this page to see the dates that are currently available.
If you do not find anything suitable then please contact us on 01494 545719 as we may be able to deliver this course for you in-house.
All courses are now held via an interactive online tool. Details of which will be sent when booking has been confirmed.
For Online Instructor Led Courses for Members: £295 + VAT per delegate
For Face to Face Courses for Members: £395 + VAT per delegate
Please contact us directly for On-Demand Courses exclusive to your business and Non-Member rates.
This course is available for delivery in-house
Requests for cancellation of a training course booking must be received in writing via email to [email protected] for the attention of the Learning and Development Professional. Requests for cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the course start date incur an administrative charge for the processing of the refund at the rate of 25% of the course fee. Requests for cancellation received more 15-30 days prior to the course start date incur an administrative charge for the processing of the refund at the rate of 50% of the course fee. There is no refund on cancellations made 14 days or less prior to the course start date as there is an impact on other delegates who have booked to attend and could result in the course being cancelled overall.
Postponement of attendance from one course to a later course can be requested in writing as per the cancellations policy above to training @bvrla.co.uk. Requests to postpone more than 30 days prior to the course start date will incur an administration charge of £35 + VAT. Requests to postpone more 15-30 days prior to the course will incur an administration charge of £70 + VAT. Requests to postpone 14 days or less prior to the course will be treated as a cancellation, with no refund payable.
You can request the substitution of a delegate for another in writing as per the cancellations policy above to [email protected] There is no charge for this. Requests for substitution must be made no later than one business day prior to the scheduled course start date.