Private buyers and traders can access the data through companies including Experian and HPI in order to verify the mileage of a vehicle before purchasing it.
Each month you can submit mileage records (both in-life and disposal data) to the BVRLA. The benefits of doing so are:
• you receive a financial incentive from us because we make the data available to the mileage checking companies under a licence agreement
• you save time on administration - no longer will you have to reply to requests for information from mileage checking companies because BVRLA automatically sends them the information
• mileage data at disposal, as well as in-life, makes the history of used vehicles transparent to would-be buyers
• the data assists consumers and helps deter vehicle fraudsters
• helps BVRLA lobbying efforts, ensuring mileage recording at disposal is not mandatory
To find out more information, contact BVRLA Member Services, 01494 434747 ext 355 (press 0 to enter the extension number) or email.
If you have conducted a mileage check on a vehicle and 'BVRLA’ appears on the report, this means that the vehicle was previously operated by a BVRLA member, a rental or leasing company. The BVRLA does not have access to this data. Any queries on this data should be directed to the data provider - details for these are below.
|Data Provider||Product Name||Customer Queries|
Auto Datacheck, Autotrader Vehicle Check, Carcheck.co.uk, icarcheck.net, Vehicle Mileage Check, RAC Car Data Check, instantcarcheck
|0844 481 5661|
|HPI||AA Data Check, HPI Check||01722 432385|
Interested in this product?