Department for Transport Minister Jesse Norman last week announced an investment of almost £200 million to help improve the condition of local roads up and down the country.
The £200 million announced includes:
• £46 million to help repair almost 1 million potholes
• £151 million for the local highways maintenance incentive fund
• a £500,000 competition for connected technologies
• £4 million for a Cycle Rail scheme
• an extension to 3 Cycle and Walk to Work pilot projects
Roads Minister Jesse Norman said: “People need great roads to get about, do business and see friends and family. We’re investing record amounts at present to improve the condition of our roads, so drivers and cyclists don’t have to dodge potholes to travel safely.
“We’re also looking at how new innovations can help councils keep their roads in the best condition, saving money and planning their maintenance better.”