Here you will find more details of how the BVRLA and its members are working with policymakers to deliver more sustainable transport. Our members own and operate over five million vehicles and are responsible for around half of all new vehicles registered each year in the UK. They have a unique perspective on today’s automotive environment and the purchasing power to drive rapid innovation across the road transport sector.
Covid-19 Recovery Plan
The BVRLA published its Covid-19 Recovery Plan on 18 June 2020, giving the UK Government a set of five clear priorities that can deliver more sustainable transport for a stronger economy:
- Maintain the financial liquidity that underpins the motor finance market.
- Provide a tax and incentive regime that will stimulate vehicle demand.
- Focus on the key levers for accelerating road transport decarbonisation.
- Take a more active role in supporting and managing the roll-out of Clean Air Zones.
- Support the role of flexible car models in enabling more sustainable transport choices.
Read the 4-page Covid-19 Recovery Plan in full below and the letter sent to Chancellor Rishi Sunak MP, making clear that fiscal stimulus for the fleet sector can drive a net zero recovery.
BVRLA Parliamentary Reception
The BVRLA 2019 Parliamentary Reception was the biggest yet. One hundred BVRLA members and staff were joined by two government ministers, three shadow ministers, the chair of the BEIS Select Committee, 18 Select Committee members, three shadow spokespeople and three Peers, as well as other guests and officials.