The BVRLA is the trade body for the vehicle rental and leasing sector.
By consulting with government and maintaining industry standards, we help our members deliver safe, sustainable and affordable road transport to millions of consumers and businesses.
Industry Outlook Conference
This one-day conference provided an exclusive forum for the industry’s senior executives to meet, exchange ideas, develop new contacts and participate in leading-edge debate.
Through a series of panel sessions and keynote presentations we explored the major threats and opportunities for our sector in the coming 12 months:
- air quality
- personal leasing
- digitisation of the customer sales channels
- the UK economy
- security and counter terrorism
- data and vehicle connectivity
- changing business models
The morning session of the day centred around a BVRLA 2018 Outlook Report which outlines the key challenges and trends that we expect members to face in the following 12 months.
We assembled an expert panel of senior executives from across the industry to discuss the report’s findings on the day.
- Tim Porter; Managing Director at Lex Autolease
- Jon Lawes; Managing Director at Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions
- Ian Lawrence; Group Managing Director at United Rental Group
- Jane Pocock; Managing Director at Vansdirect
- James Taylor; Director at DriveNow UK Ltd
Afternoon sessions tackled, Counter Terrorism, Brexit, GDPR, Fuel Options and Mobility Solutions.
Presentations to download
- Gerry Keaney, BVRLA
- Session One: Industry Outlook 2018
- Session Two: Vehicle Leasing: under the spotlight
- Session Three: Vehicle Rental: under the spotlight
- Session Four: Making money from mobility
- Breakout A: Remarketing and Residual Values
- Breakout B: GDPR
- Breakout C: Brexit