The Residual Value and Remarketing committee was formed in January 2009 with the objective of steering the content for the RVR forum. The committee focuses on the key remarketing and residual value issues which are affecting members and ensures these go forward to shape the debate at the forum. RVR Forum membership allows two delegates to attend each of the three forums events thorughout the year, further details can be accessed from the quick links on the right. The committee is currently looking at the impact of digital radios, developing best practice at vehicle return and reviewing the BVRLA Car Fair Wear and Tear Guide.
Committee objectives include:
- Identify and address the key remarketing and vehicle residual value issues by debating current and future trends, inviting presenters to give their views and gaining feedback from other members and colleagues to bring topics forward for debate.
- Creating the environment for members to establish and share industry best practice in areas such as: vehicle disposal, vehicle collection, influencing factors on residual values and developing training programmes.
- Develop and enhance data streams to assist with planning and forecasting by inviting data providers to present at committee and encouraging new companies to the market.
- Comment on current and future legislative issues affecting remarketing and residual values such as continuous insurance enforcement and DVLA procedures.
- 11 April 2018, Amersham
- 18 July 2018, Amersham
- 28 November 2018, Amersham
To suggest items for discussion at future committee meetings including legislation changes or areas where best practice is needed in remarketing, email Amanda Brandon, email@example.com or call 01494 545701.
|Malcolm Fryer - Chairman||Avis Budget UK Ltd||0844 544 5573|
|Jim McNally - Vice Chairman||Volkswagen Financial Services||0370 900 6040|
|Neal Coleman||Alphabet GB Ltd||01252 920000|
|David Chapple||Europcar Ltd||01923 811226|
|Ian Gosling||Arval UK Ltd||0870 419 7000|
|Greg Wood||Motability Operations||020 7654 4309|
|Lee Hamlett||Inchcape Fleet Solutions||0870 191 4444|
|Andy Hartley||Lex Autolease||0844 335 2300|
|Brian Hinshelwood||Marshall Leasing||01480 414541|
|Damien Fortune||Hitachi Capital Vehicle Solutions||01635 589581|
|Steve Jones||LeasePlan UK Ltd||01753 802688|
|Chris Neal||Enterprise Rent a Car||01784 221304|
|Antony Martin||Zenith||01344 466466|
|Paul Titchmarsh||JCT600 Contracts||0113 250 0060|
|Gareth Gailes-Webb||ALD Automotive||0117 908 2000|