A nationally recognised certificate aimed at the vehicle rental sector, held annually at three examination centres across the country.
8 November 2018
* All prices exclude VAT
Duration: 1 hour per exam (5 hours maximum)
Format: Self-study and examination
A specially designed, nationally recognised industry certification designed to reinforce and test candidates' industry best practice, knowledge and skills. It tests the delegate's knowledge of the different areas of vehicle rental operations and best practice. The specially designed syllabus has been developed in collaboration with BVRLA members working currently in this sector.
The examination is arranged in the form of five written papers.
- Paper 1 - General Vehicle Rental Operator Skills
- Paper 2 - Insurance Practice
- Paper 3 - Tariff Interpretation
- Paper 4 - Overseas Hire and Hirers
- Paper 5 - Light Commercial Vehicles
You can read the full syllabus here.
Delegates may take all five papers, but must successfully pass Papers 1 and 2 and at least one other from Papers 3, 4 or 5.
The pass mark is 70% for each paper.
Benefits of Certification:
- Improves staff loyalty through career development
- Aids Internal succession planning
- Improves employee knowledge and confidence
- Improve client experience
- Raises business standards
"Taking part in the BVRLA exams demonstrates the commitment that Arnold Clark has to providing staff with the highest quality of training to enable them to have the knowledge and understanding required to recommend the best products for our customers. The BVRLA award is recognised and demonstrates to our customers that our staff have not only met the Arnold Clark standard, but have met the standards set by the Rental and Leasing industry."
Margaret Speirs, Car & Van Rental Operations Manager, Arnold Clark