Who are we and what personal data we collect?
What personal data is collected?
What is the legal basis for processing?
Is the data shared with third parties?
How is the data processed?
How long will the data be held for?
Where is the data stored?
How to complain?
The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This policy sets out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you including any emails we may send to you.
The data controller is British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association Ltd, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, Bucks, HP7 0DD.
Should you have any queries or concerns about the use of your personal data, please contact our communications team by writing to the address above, calling 01494 434747 or emailing email@example.com .
1. 'BVRLA', 'we' or 'us' means the British Vehicle Rental & Leasing Association Limited.
THE INFORMATION WE MIGHT HOLD ABOUT YOU
Information you give us
2. Depending on the reason that you have contacted us or we have contacted you we will hold the following information about you:
- Information you give to us – This is information about you that you give us when you wish to make use of our services by filling in forms on our website, www.bvrla.co.uk, or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise.
- It includes information you provide when you register to use our site; subscribe to receive information from us; and when you report a problem with our site. It also includes information you provide when you register a complaint about a member of BVRLA.
- In addition, if you are acting in a business capacity, it may include information you provide if you apply for membership or continuation of membership of BVRLA.
Information we collect about you
3. When you visit the BVRLA website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the website, we collect information about the individual web pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the BVRLA website, and information about how you interact with the website. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
4. We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/ . You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout .
Use of IP Addresses
Registration on the website
6. Registration on the website is only available to BVRLA members. If you have registered on our website we will collect personal data including: email address, telephone number, first name, last name and company name to complete the registration process. As part of the registration process we will add you to the BVRLA membership database. The data is stored within the EU in an encrypted form as part of Dynamics365 which is a cloud-based Microsoft product.
7. You have a right to ask for a copy of your information and to correct any inaccuracies. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to know what if any personal information we hold about you.
8. This information is processed on the basis that it is in your legitimate interest as you have requested registration on the website.
9. We will retain your personal data until we are advised that you no longer wish to be registered on our website.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
10. Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- where relevant, to provide customer support and assistance services;
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
11. We will send members and their employees industry news, information on training and events by email. These emails can be unsubscribed from at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link on the email or contacting email@example.com.
12. The data is processed on the basis that the processing is necessary due to the legitimate interests of the BVRLA member and its employees for us to provide industry information, advice, events and training.
13. The data will be stored until we are advised that the employee has left the member or the employee advises us that they no long wish to receive information from us. Complaint data will be stored for a maximum of one year from the date of complaint.
14. The data is stored within the EU in an encrypted form as part of Dynamics365 which is a cloud-based Microsoft product.
WHO WE MIGHT SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
15. Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for the provision of services that we agree to provide to you;
- If we exchange email with you our email system is provided by Microsoft Corporation on behalf of BVRLA.
- If you register to attend a BVRLA event, your details are processed by Eventbrite Ltd in the United Kingdom on behalf of BVRLA.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 user have clicked on their advertisement on any given day);
16. The BVRLA may disclose your Personal Data if it believes such action is necessary: to conform with a legal requirement or comply with the legal process including civil and criminal proceedings, protect and defend the rights or property of the BVRLA, enforce this Online Agreement, or to protect the interests of its users.
17. Unfortunately the transmission of data via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, and transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
18. You have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
THE INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE
20. The ICO is the government body responsible for enforcing Applicable Data Protection legislation in the UK. Their website is located at www.ico.gov.uk.
21. For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below: BVRLA, River Lodge, Badminton Court, Amersham, HP7 0DD, United Kingdom